Monday, November 10, 2008

Thoughts

I feel so grateful that Heavenly Father chose to "transplant" me into this family by marrying such a wonderful man. There have been countless blessings in my life by becoming a member of this family and His Church. One of the largest blessings I have received is through knowing Grandma and seeing her wonderful example. I would have much difficulty thinking of a more Christ-Like example in all of our lives. Justin and I have had the opportunity to have her for Easter, Fourth of July and most recently sharing my baptism day with her. What a wonderful way to end! Then I remembered that just a few short weeks ago I had the opportunity to meet her with Weldon and Gean at the last session of General Conference. It was such a great session....as a granddaughter in law, I will be eternally grateful for sharing this special time with her. I will miss her wonderful chip mix (with peanut m&m's) that she would bring for the grandchildren at every family function. Most of all, we will miss her sweet smile and amazing spirit!

No comments: