Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I would like to thank Mindy & Justin and all of the Grand kids, also the Great Grand kids for your kind word and love that you gave to Grandma Beecher. As grandma would always say "we sure have a wonderful family" and Mindy your thoughts are thoughts that this family all share about grandma. I love each member of this special family. I would like to share a couple of thoughts I did not have time for in my talk at the funeral, because of time. In my Patriarchal Blessing it tells me, "for you have been blessed with good parentage and this you should consider as a special blessing to you. When you study your ancestral line you will note that you have come of good parentage and that the Lord has been mindful of you in giving you good parentage and you are here now in the world to work out the potentials which you had in your pre-mortal existence when you were chosen to come into the world under good parentage and to be born in a good land. I bless you that you shall honor your parents; your mother and also your father who has passed on and that you shall be a dutiful son and not give your mother or the members of your family anything to worry about". Well I am truly blessed to have a father and a mother that taught me well and expect me to carry on their example. I would like to tell you how grandma helped me on one occasion. I was standing in front of our house on 14th street. I was about 14 or 15 years old when a car stopped and asked if I knew where a girl lived. There were four guys in the car and I said that there was no one by that name that lived around here. I probably said it in some smart tone that they did not like. One of them reach in the glove box and pulled some thing out. Well I found out real quick that it was a knife. Two of them got out of the car and came running at me with the knife in hand. I knew I was in trouble. I turned and started to run my self. The home on 14th St. had a porch with four stairs. I jumped onto the porch and could feel that one of them was real close. On the porch I turned and saw him leaping to the porch, I kicked and knocked him off the porch and that's when I heard someone coming out the door screaming at these two guys to stop right now and leave. I was so glad that they did what they were told. I looked and it was my mother that came and saved me from I'm not sure what could of happened. Grandma did have some real spunk in her. I am really starting to miss my mom and want each of you to know that I love her with all my hart and will always honor her. Thanks again for each of you and your kind words and love of grandma.

Lynn

1 comment:

CVF said...

Lynn, thanks for sharing.

After talking to a few people in the family, we all have started to miss her more and more each day.

We will see her again...we just have to get the same grade she got on her "earthly test".

Chad