Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Cuban Blood - By Chad



I'm sure that not many people know but I am in Tampa Florida this week (Aug 13-17). I am down here for business at the VA Hospital outside of Tampa (Bay Pines).

From my mission I learned to love Cuban food. Whenever I can, I eat Cuban. The rice, bread, and everything else is awesome. Someone suggested yesterday that I go to "The Columbian". I went last night and enjoyed every minute of it.

I had "Ropa Vieja" which means "Old Clothes". It tasted like Miami Florida circa 1993. It brought back great memories. Only this time I didn't have to ride a bike or knock on doors. :-)

I wanted to share this with everyone because I'm lonely and needed something to do.

Now I need to get out of here before a hurricane arrives.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm glad you found Cuban food! Is this an actual picture of what your plate looked like? It looks yummy! MOM